“Self-harming by teenage girls doubles in 20 years”
The Times, 6 August 2018
Not all of that increase reflects a genuine increase in self-harming, because measurement and reporting of the issue is getting better.
The number of girls admitted to hospital because of self-harming has doubled in the last 20 years.
The number of admissions for girls under the age of 18 because of self-harm increased from around 7,300 in 1997/98 to 13,500 in 2016/17. That’s an 84% increase.
That was a decrease on the previous year when there were over 14,600 admissions.
Over the same time period the number of girls in England under the age of 18 has increased by just 5%.
we can change all that, will you help us
- To provide user-led, session’s workshops and out of school programs, of social, leisure and developmental benefits to develop underprivileged children and young people so that they can reach their maximum potential becoming productive members of mainstream society, having a career, earn a living on their own. To have a future, sometimes helping them not to fall back, is important as well.
- To teach disadvantaged children and young people through numerus programs social skills, Build friendship. Become responsible. Build themselves. Calm their impulsivity. stop them from bullying
- To improve the conditions of life of children and young people by providing recreational opportunities which they would otherwise be denied. These help them develop new skills, improve their attitude and boost their independence, confidence and resilience.
- To promote and advance the education for children and young people especially for those for whom English is an additional Language (EAL’s). Sometimes a retreat to help them focus at school. To the museum to forward education. Or by any means necessary
- To enable disadvantaged children to enhance their educational or physical development or cognitive abilities, through targeted one-to-one sessions, or group seasons, or therapy.
- To assist working parents, parents of large or dysfunctional families, or families in poverty, or those with sick/disabled children or who are new immigrants. To forward the parents or the children’s future or education. Or just help them get through the day.
A lot of the time, it can be hard to know where to go to get help for problems affecting young people. That’s what makes future forward such a wonderful charity. They can offer help in a way no other can. wide range of projects and they are very, very good, in what they are doing. I’m so pleased to be part of it by leaving a gift in my will
everything was so great, but I was a little bit upset about camp, my daughter told she doesn’t want to go anywhere, she wants to go only to camp knak.
just tears, nothing more! I really cant express my gratitude, for changing my daughter she is now a totally different person, this was the first time she laughed!! then I found a tear on my cheek, you didn’t know my daughter before, I did thank you
wow! wow! wow! I cannot even began to imagine the thousands of tiny details that have gone into all this! outings activities simple unbelievable!
I know that the gift in my will can help to make sure the next generation of young people will have someone who’s there for them, just I had. I also know that even after I’m gone, I’ll still be supporting one of my favourite charities.
everything was arranged for the wedding in Manchester, we were waiting the whole summer for it, so one morning I told Miri with excitement to pack we are going to Manchester, suddenly! Miri started crying, i was in shook, I didn’t know what did I do wrong, I waited till she could speak, and asked her, did I do something wrong? no. answered Miri still crying, no! but I made friends in camp knak I want to join them, and I do want to be at the sister day, where everyone gets a new sister, I can truly say I didn’t fully understand at the moment, is that really more important than a wedding with all of the siblings and food, but it looks like she found somehow a another place she feels home, I am not jealous, I am happy for her, she needs it, its truly wonderful.
yes I was left without my dear mother, but I found here a new pair of ears. only with your help I can move forward!